Prague will host an event for all Italian tin-wasp enthusiasts. This year, it’ll take place one month earlier than usual – from Friday, 21st till Sunday, 23rd of June 2019.
The traditional meeting of the Vespa owners from various countries takes place at the Dzban site near an artificial lake.
“We have participants from the neighboring countries, Poland, Austria, and Germany. There is also one woman from Italy who drove some 1000 kilometres alone on the way to Prague, and some Dutch people. We are still waiting for one from Albania,” said Simon, vice-president of Vespa Club Prague.
Some participants have brand new Vespas, while others are looking after their scooters for years carefully.
Several fans drive even historical Vespa scooters from the 1950s.
The scooter’s name means “wasp” in Italian as its engine sounds like a wasp’s buzzing. Others point to the scooter’s shape that resembles this black-yellow insect.
Friday 21st June 2019
- 14:00 – info and registration stall (reception) open
- 14:00–21:00 – welcome, individual accommodation, refreshment
- 21:00–23:00 – night rides (small groups with road captains)
- 20:00–02:00 – party (camp + restaurant Šárka)
Saturday 22nd June 2019
- 09:00 – Breakfast
- 10:00–13:00 Grand parade ride through Prague city center
- 13:00–18:00 – Accompanying program at the campsite
- 18:00 – 20:00 Main evening program – restaurant Šárka
- 20:00 – 22:00 Live band Professor (oldies) (restaurant Šárka)
- 22:00 – 02:00 DJ (northern soul, ska, reaggae) and party
Sunday 23rd June 2019
- 09:00 Breakfast
- Farewell, individual departures