Czech Republic Does Not Resume Tourist Visa Issuance for Chinese

Prague Morning

Czech Republic has not resumed the issuance of tourist visas to the Chinese, which is, like other EU states, suspended over the COVID pandemic in January, CzechTourism state agency head Jan Herget said today, reacting to China’s warning of its people against going to the Czech Republic with its rising COVID-19 incidence.

The number of flights between Europe and China is minimum at present, Herget said.

Last year, according to the CZSO, about 610,000 Chinese tourists stayed in the Czech Republic, spending an average of 1.5 nights.

Read: Slovakia Adds Czech Republic on List of Risk Countries

According to a report by CzechTourism, half of the Chinese tourists stayed in Prague, about a quarter chose the South Bohemian Region.

“CzechTourism continues to promote the regions of the Czech Republic on the Chinese market, especially with video blogs. We hope that the situation around coronavirus will stabilize as soon as possible and tourism from China resumes,” said Herget.

The Czech Republic reported 1,038 new coronavirus cases on Monday, above 1,000 for the sixth time in the past week, the Health Ministry said on Tuesday.

Read: Czech Republic Ranks 25th Worldwide in Quality of Life

Among a total of 37,222 cases reported since March, 22,129 have recovered and there were 465 deaths reported in connection with the illness. The number of active cases was 14,628.

SIGN UP TO OUR NEWSLETTER

Get notified about the best news about Prague!

View Comments (0)

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published.


© 2015 - 2020 Prague Morning. All Rights Reserved.