Do you remember when you last sent a postcard? For me it was last week when I was asked to send some to our relatives’ kids attending summer camp – they don’t use mobiles there. Luckily there was an app for that.
I first considered a visit to Lokál, where they have a selection of free postcards, that they’ll also post for free if you drop them in their mailbox. However, the cards are mostly beer-related and aren’t really suitable for kids. I definitely didn’t want to go to a shop and/or post office.
I found and downloaded the Pohlednice App by Česká pošta. The app is in English, lets you upload photos, write a message, add a map, address and send all for 29 Kč.
- After you choose ‘Create a Postcard’, you can choose the size
- Then you choose the layout.
- You can press the + button to upload a photo. You can also choose a border.
- Write the message and optionally include a map.
- After that, you can pay using a credit card. Confirmation is sent to your email address
So if you have kids at camp, elderly relatives without smartphones or just want to go a bit retro, Česká pošta has you covered.
More info here