Bike rental company Rekola has extended the opportunity to use its service for free in six Czech cities thanks to the support of Hello bank!
Until April 2nd and for the first 15 minutes, you can use Rekola bikes for free.
“We are pleased to offer free alternative transport around the city during these trying times. If we follow the recommended hygiene rules, then rented bicycles will become a suitable means of transportation in the coming spring season, ”said Gabriela Pitgartova from Hello bank!
In addition to Prague, Rekola operates in Brno, Ceske Budejovice, Olomouc, Frydek-Mistek and Mladá Boleslav.
“Rekola and the Prague Transport Company have always been good friends and allies, and friends should help each other during a crisis. Since it is necessary to minimize contact with people during an epidemic, the bike is currently the ideal means of transportation,” says Vít Ježek, founder of Rekola.
Bicycle renters regularly sanitize the contact surfaces of vehicles. “As a rule, it is enough to observe basic hygiene habits and, above all, wash your hands regularly. We also recommend wearing gloves,” the company said.
Rekola is bicycle sharing system and it started in Prague in 2013 as a small project of Vít Ježek. As of 2020, it is operating in six Czech cities and in a Finnish city Vaasa.
The company is operating more than 2000 bikes, most of them are located in Prague. Daily ridership in 2018 was 4,700 people.
The bikes can be unlocked through an official app or SMS. User unlocks the bikes manually through the code which is given from the app or SMS.
How does it work?
- Download an app, sign up and choose your subscription plan.
- Locate the nearest bike on the map.
- Find the bike and read the 6-digit number written on the frame.
- In the app, press the large Rekola button and enter the 6-digit number. The app will give you a code for the lock.
- Unlock the bike, and enjoy a full hour of riding.
- When you are finished, return the bike anywhere within the zone. Lock the bike in a bicycle stand or to any fixed point.