Representative spaces of Liechtenstein Palace on Kampa will be open to the public.
Guided tours will take place from 9 am to 5 pm. The limit of visitors is 20 people per one guided tour.
The Liechtenstein Palace, whose history dates back to the middle of the 16th century, is one of the dominants of Kampa in Prague.
Currently, it is used by the Czech Government for official functions. The suites on the second floor have hosted such guests as Spanish King Juan Carlos and his wife Sophia, Queen Elisabeth II of the United Kingdom, and Japanese Emperor Akihito with Empress Michiko.
The ground floor halls and rooms are used for working meetings and friendly gatherings.
For further information, please visit: www.vlada.cz/en/
Liechtenstein and miller Odkolek
The palace changed hands several times in the 18th century. One of the owners, Count Kolovrat Libštejn, sold it in 1831 to General Jan Josef, Prince of Liechtenstein. The palace bears the Liechtenstein name to this day, although it was not until the miller František Odkolek purchased the palace in 1864 that it assumed its Classicist appearance. Some Baroque elements, however, have been preserved inside.
From 1897, the palace belonged to the Prague Municipality, which used it for a variety of official purposes, and made several adjustments. The last of them took place in this millennium, when the floods of the 2002 completely devastated the palace.