Tired and bored of working out in the gym or studio? Need a change of scenery from your workout routines? Here is a list of 7 tips for group exercises that can easily be done in Prague parks.
1. Free yoga in Malešice park – Beginner lessons starts at 17:30 and advanced lessons start from 18:30. These regular Wednesday lessons are covered by the Active Ten community, which also organizes many other sports courses and events. Lessons take place in the middle of the park. All you need to bring is a yoga mat, workout clothes and a bottle of water.
Address: Malešická, Prague 10
2. Běžecká škola in Prague 4 – This running School operates for the fourth year during summer and winter. They run every Thursday from6 pmm. From April 5, they move to the Krčský Forest for a summer running season. In winter, they run on the sidewalks of Podolí, around Vyšehrad and Žluté lázně. No entry fees or registration needed.
3. Tabata Hardcore – Led by a personal trainer, Jan Dragomir prepares special outdoor exercises that use just your own body weight. This is an interval training where you can burn fat and strengthen your body at the same time. Entrance fee is 150 CZK
Address: Letenské sady, Prague 7
4. Jóga at Grébovka – Led by Tereza, summer yoga lessons start here on July 12th every Wednesdays or Thursdays – a specific day will always be specified on their Facebook page.
Address: Vila Grébovka, Havlíčkovy Sady 58, Prague 2
5. Outdoor Training Club – Set up in 2015, the Outdoor Training Club has been organizing an outdoor exercise that includes interval training, yoga, and running. Their lessons are held in various locations at Prague at different times. More information can be found on their website.
6. Stromovka Yoga Session – Prague Yoga Collective has a group of international lecturers that also includes English lessons. More information can be found on their website.
7. Běžecká škola Prague 6 – They regularly holds group training in the most popular places in Prague. On Tuesday, you can join them for the Dejvice Bubeneč route, Ladronka for Thursday and Star for Sunday. All workouts are free.
Address: Obora Hvězda, Prague 6