- A defence cooperation agreement between Czechia and the US was signed in Washington on Tuesday by the Czech minister of defence, Jana Černochová, and her American counterpart, Lloyd Austin. The defence cooperation agreement creates an overarching framework to codify already existing cooperation between the two countries’ militaries.
- The UK’s Prince Edward arrived in Czechia on Tuesday afternoon at the start of a visit that is due to last until Thursday. One of the main points of his stay will be meeting Czech students taking part in the Duke of Edinburgh’s Award at Prague’s British Embassy.
- From next year Czechia’s main public health insurer, VZP, will cover the costs of preventive examinations for the early detection of skin cancer. Until now, the insured had the option of paying for the examination themselves and then applying for financial compensation in return.
- The opposition ANO movement still leads in opinion polls, according to a Median election model released today. However, the party’s support dropped slightly in April to 31%, after several months of rising consistently. ANO, led by former PM Andrej Babis, is followed by the Civic Democrats (ODS) on 15%, similar to March.
- In the past six months, the average price of older apartments in Prague has dropped by 2.2% to 8.5 million CZK. However, the supply of these apartments on the market has decreased by 14%.In contrast, new build prices remained stable, with an average offered price of 9.7 million CZK.