- The government approved the purchase of 246 CV90 tracked infantry fighting vehicles for CZK 59.7 billion on Wednesday in the form of an intergovernmental agreement with Sweden. It is the largest army purchase in the modern history of the Czech Republic and one of the largest state contracts ever.
- Czech Foreign Minister Jan Lipavský opened the Czech-Saudi business forum in Riyadh on Wednesday, emphasising the importance of future economic cooperation between the two countries. He described the current economic transformation of Saudi Arabia as a huge opportunity for the development of mutual relations.
- The Czech national ice hockey team were beaten 3:1 by Canada at the World Championships in the Latvian capital Riga on Tuesday evening. The result means the Czechs finished fourth in group B. They will now face the United States in the quarter-finals in the Finnish city of Tampere on Thursday.
- CBD, HHC, and kratom could be added to a new list of “psychomodulatory substances”, which should be included in the upcoming amendment on addictive substances, Czech national drug policy coordinator Jindrich Voboril told journalists yesterday.The amendment should lay down rules for the sale and control of these substances.
- The Minister of Labor, Marian Jurečka, is working on increasing the allowance by 50,000 Czech korunas, bringing it to 350,000 korunas. However, debates are underway about shortening the duration to three years and determining eligibility.