You don’t get to try Portuguese food every day, do you? Experience Portugal (Zažij Portugalsko) might the best place to start (except for Portugal itself, maybe). A must for all fish-lovers among you, as well as for those who cannot resist some good wine!
You can expect an afternoon filled with food and wines from Portugal at the Anděl pedestrian zone, from 8.00 till 20.00.
Vendors will offer:
- Francesinha: a sandwich originally from Porto, made with bread, wet-cured ham, linguiça, fresh sausage like chipolata, steak or roast meat, and covered with melted cheese and a hot thick tomato and beer sauce;
- Bacalhau: (cod);
- Caldo verde: a popular soup prepared with potatoes, collard greens, olive oil, and salt;
- Arroz de marisco: means shrimp rice and is cooked with several types of shrimp, namely shrimps, clams, crabs, crayfish, mussels, and cockle;
- Cozido à Portuguesa: traditional Portuguese stew prepared with a multitude of vegetables, meat, and smoked sausages;
- Pasteis de Nata: popular egg tart pastry dusted with cinnamon