Cook and Waiter/ess – Zeeland Netherlands April 2020
Would you like to work the summer season in a picturesque seaside town in the Netherlands? We’re looking for a cook and waiter/waitress from April until October to work in a small, busy harbourside bistro restaurant.
The restaurant provides a combination of light meals, snacks and seafood with a focus on using fresh ingredients.
Accommodation is available in an apartment above the restaurant for two people and so, this position would be ideal for a couple that would want to work together during the summer season.
The restaurant is very busy during the summer season, and working weeks can be up to 60 hours so, this would be an opportunity for people that would like to earn extra money and are comfortable working long shifts.
Zeeland is a southern province of the Netherlands with picturesque scenery and excellent beaches. The town itself is a small community of around 1000 people but attracts a lot of tourism. Larger cities like Rotterdam and Antwerp are within easy travelling distance.
What We Can Offer
You will work on a full time legal Dutch employment contract during your stay in the Netherlands. The contract can be for an unlimited period and if you would like to extend your stay in the Netherlands after your initial assignment, we’ll be happy to try to make that happen for you.
Accommodation at the restaurant in an apartment is available at a small cost.
The restaurant attracts a lot of tourism during the summer months and working hours can be regularly 60 hours per week. Salary is minimum 10 euros NET per hour.
What we need:
For the Cook position:
- Previous working experience working as a chef/cook in restaurants or hotels, able to provide at least one reference from a previous employer,
- Able to independently prepare simple bistro produce such as soups, grilled meat, seafood (mussels etc.),
- Communicative level of English language,
For the Waiter/ress position:
- Previous working experience working as a waiter/ress in restaurants or hotels, able to provide at least one reference from a previous employer.
- Must speak Intermediate to advanced English and ideally some basic German (the restaurant receives a lot of German speaking tourists).
- These positions are open to EU and UK citizens, unfortunately, we are unable to accept applications from people outside of the EU that would need visa/work permit sponsorship.
If you would like to apply for these positions, please send us a copy of your CV and we’ll get back to you as soon as possible.