Yep you read that title correctly! Back in 2014 during a promotional event for Milka, Czech’s broke the world record for the most people to fit inside of a soap bubble. The number… 214! And this very event took place right here in Prague.
Fitting people inside soap bubbles is not the only skill we have here… Czechs also hold the world record for the largest collection of bus tickets belonging to one person, with an impressive collection of 200,000 tickets from 36 countries.
We are also home to the largest wardrobe, measuring 6.06 metres (19 ft 10 in) high, 4.07 metres (13 ft 4 in) wide and 1.5 metres (4 ft 11 in) deep. 5 cubic metres of pinewood were used in its production and the impressive final weight is an amazing 2,000 kg. Not quite the simple flatpack Ikea wardrobe.
Zdeněk Bradáč, illusionist and magician, holds many Guinness world records.
- The most handcuffs unlocked in one minute, 7
- The fastest time to escape from three handcuffs underwater, 38.69 seconds
- The fastest handcuff escape, 1.66 seconds
- The fastest time to complete the Guinness World Record Hasbro puzzle, 13 min 14 sec
- The longest duration juggling three objects whilst suspended upside down by gravity boots, 9 minutes 17 seconds which took place right on the Old Town Square in Prague.
And not only do Czechs have some interesting records to brag about, even Prague Castle boasts its Guinness World Record for the largest ancient castle in the world… pretty impressive huh? It occupies an area of almost 70,000 m2, at about 570 meters in length and a roughly about 130 meters wide. Who knew us Czechs have such an impressive awards cabinet!