Koněvova Street connects to Tachovské náměstí and the junction of the streets of Spojovací and Poděbradská.

The name Koněvova was founded in 1946 to honor Marshal Ivan Štěpanovič Koněv, a Soviet military commander, whose troops liberated Prague from German occupiers in 1945, before continuing to Berlin and hoisting the Soviet flag over the Reichstag. During the years of the German occupation, from 1940 – 1945, the street was renamed Brněnská Street.

Besides the history in the naming of the street, Koněvova Street is one of the longest streets in Prague. It measures around 3,400 meters and passes through almost the entire district of Žižkov.