Karmelitská Street connects Újezd with Malostranské Náměstí.

It is situated in the location where the route connecting Malá Strana with the settlement Újezd was in the Middle Ages.

After the Battle of White Mountain in 1620, the Order of the Carmelites took control of the street and rebuilt the Church of Our Lady Victorious in Malá Strana, which holds the famous Holy Infant Jesus of Prague statue.

The street name is therefore derived from the Order of Carmelites and has been used since the 17th century. The devotion and the church have drawn millions of Roman Catholic faithful to Malá Strana throughout the years.