October 28th Street (28 října) connects Jungmannovo Square with Wenceslas Square in Prague 1.

In 1919 it was named ‘October 28’ to honour of the establishment of independent Czechoslovakia.

The street also marks the place where the walls of the Old Town used to stand. The Old Town of Prague was separated from the outside with a wall and semicircular moat, connected to the Vlatva.

With the emergence of the New Town in the 14th century, the wall was dismantled by Charles IV. The moat was covered up with streets Revoluční, Na Příkopě, and Národní which remain the official boundary of the Old Town today. The street that took the place of the wall here originated in the 19th century and was called Ovocna, before changing in 1919.